Quick Tips to Expedite Credentialing
In this rapidly evolving and serious time, AMN Healthcare is committed to providing you with the most up to date information and guidance. Together we will work through this.
We are utilizing all of our resources and expertise to try to make this trying time less stressful, and as efficient as possible for our clients. We are honored to be your partner.
Following are recommendations to help expedite the credentialing of healthcare professionals.
- BLS/Specialty Certifications Review here the AHA guidance recommending extending expirations by 60 days.
- Request Updates We understand the urgency to place healthcare professionals and we are working around the clock to serve you. To assist us, we ask that you limit inquires on specific clinician credentialing statuses to allow us to continue to process these as quickly as we can for you.
- Accelerating Orientation If possible, please provide clinicians with the opportunity to complete online education/modules during orientation or on day one.
- Updated Crisis Requirements. Pleasenote the requirements here. Following these guidelines will ease the burden on healthcare resources (Labs/Clinics) and will expedite credentialing clearance.
Background check vendors are actively working with federal and state offices to assess areas impacted by court closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, vendors still have direct access to court electronic systems to process background checks.
Health Screening Requirements
To avoid a clinician being turned away or from arriving at a closed clinic, AMN is conducting courtesy calls to confirm the screening clinic is open and available for the services scheduled. In the event that a clinic is closed we are notifying clinicians and seeking alternate options to meet requirements. In an effort to limit the number of healthcare screening requirements, we recommend adopting our Crisis Requirements identified above.
If health screening or background checks are not fully complete prior to the assignment start date, AMN will adhere to the following process:
- We will communicate delays to clients with the recommendation that the healthcare professional be allowed to begin their assignment pending screening or with screening being completed at the client location.
- The AMN Credentialing team will continue to follow up routinely to ensure compliance requirements are met and the systems are updated.
We are dedicated to working with you to meet your evolving needs and will continue to provide updates as we can to help serve you.