Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
We care about the health and well-being of our healthcare professionals as we know you are working on the front lines in caring for patients who have been affected by COVID-19. To help you manage through this unprecedented disease outbreak, we are equipping you with the knowledge to provide competent and safe care while on assignment.
Note: Continue to check your state and local authorities and CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage for the most current information.
Things to Know While on Assignment:
- Equipment training and protocols should be provided by the facility.
- Refer to the facility’s policies and procedures for proper care and handling of COVID-19 patients.
- If you have any concerns, follow the chain of command at the facility to discuss and ensure you have the correct information. If additional support is needed, reach out to your designated AMN contact.
- Check this site often for the most up-to-date information.
Resource Links for Healthcare Professionals:
- Clinical Care of COVID-19 Patients
- Evaluating and Testing Person(s) Under Investigation (PUI)
- Healthcare Supply of Personal Protective Equipment
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations
- Temporary Enforcement Guidance – Healthcare Respiratory Protection…During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Donning and Doffing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
By following the proper sequence for donning and doffing PPE you will reduce the possibility of contaminating yourself with the source of infection. To learn more about the proper sequence for Donning and Doffing, click here for step-by-step instructions and graphics.